Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Project Positivity

I saw my friend Randi plurk her Project Positivity picture and I was curious as to what it was all about. She also had the link to where it all started so I checked out the blog post from Keira Seerose over on the SL Style Directory. I love this 'challenge'.

I had recently followed in the footsteps of someone who I admire for her courage, determination and honesty, Auguste Finistair, and did my 5 confessions about the RL me on plurk so this was perfect.

Normally I would have found it hard to talk positively about myself. But recently I have sorta seen the world differently....the SLWorld as well. So at 8:07pm today, 4th of January (Australian Time) I stated my first positive about myself.....

1. I love my eyes. I think they are my best feature.

..........then I just kept going....................

2. I love that I have a bubbly personality.
3. I love being artistic. I can draw, sew, paint, build & write.
4. I love that I have a huge family that I can always depend on.
5. I love that I can say proudly I am a plus size girl. Curves Rule!
6. I love being tall.
7. I love that I have two sisters that are 8yrs & 12yrs and I am 32yrs even though some think the age diff. odd.
8. I love that I love deeply and faithfully
9. I love my sense of humour, no matter how warped it is.

..........and at 8:36pm I got to my last positive about me. Which is also a positive about a person I consider my best friend who also has her own difficulties realising she is someone of a lot more worth than she gives herself credit for. Sanura Snowpaw is my best friend and someone that I consider a sister so it felt only right that I share my positives with her........

10. I love that I made a friend for life in SL. She is as much a sister to me as my RL sisters are and I would do anything for her. <3>

Even if you don't have a flickr page to share/contribute your Project Positivity, or you don't have a blog to share it on, stop and take a few minutes for yourself and even just jot them on the nearest scrap of paper. We all need a little positive encouragement in our lives from time to time and we can't accept it and make a better life for each other if we ourselves can't even say something positive about ourselves.

Thank you Keira for this awesome 'challenge'.

I decided to use an RL pic of me. Since these positives are about the secretary behind the keyboard for Arora's pixels.



No comments:

Post a Comment