Monday, June 14, 2010

BBBC 2010 - Day 2

Todays Topic - Write about three positive things going on in your Second Life.

Well I can think of two straight up. Going to be a challenge to think of a third. So while I think about that let me tell you about 1 & 2.

Positive #1 - In one word.......Bill. I have had my fair share of ups and downs with relationships in SL. Some were good, some were horrendous and others I can sit back and laugh at with the ex knowing we are better off as friends.

Love lost - Love found. I may have lost more than I have found, but when this one found me I was taken by surprise as I had given up all hope of finding anyone 'normal' to hang around with of the opposite sex in SL. I gave up my sim, closed down my little shop, said goodbye to friends and had stopped logging in, only keeping in contact with the SL world through my Plurk friends. You are my knight in shining armour Bill.

Positive #2 - Operation Squeegee. I watched the news one late night recently and sat in horror as I saw the oil spill in the gulf just spewing out into the ocean. Thinking of all those poor animals, marine plants and surrounding areas that are going to be affected by such a tragedy. A friend, the awesome Further, then made a comment in Plurk about wanting to do some sort of fundraiser to help out with the oil spill recovery and I found myself jumping in and offering whatever I could to do to help. A week later I'm now known as the Merchant Wrangler for Operation Squeegee and it gives me the warm and fuzzies as more and more merchants send me their notecards wanting to be a part of this awesome event. It's sad that a spill like this is the reason we are all getting together for a sale, some music and entertainment. Then you think about the money that is going to be raised over this 2 week period being sent to the nominated charity - The National Wildlife Foundation - and how it will help save in some way the destruction seen in the gulf. Thank you Further for being the brainchild behind Operation Squeegee, and more importantly thank you for allowing me to be a part of it and help in my own small way.

Positive #3 - Ok well as I said in the beginning of this post, I was having trouble thinking of a #3. And at this stage in the blog post I still don't have one. My Second Life is not that existent these days. There are two reasons I log in when I do and they are mentioned above. If it weren't for Bill and Further I dare say that 'Arora Zanzibar' would be dust and a memory right now.

Ahhh there you have it - my positive #3.......Good Friends. Having friends like these two means I am still around to blog about my SL. If I wasn't here then I wouldn't be doing this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment