Monday, May 3, 2010

Reflections

It's one of those times in my life where I sit and stare out the window watching the clouds float by and wonder.....why?

This is one of those blog posts where I just blurt out what is on my mind and go all emo, so you've been warned. The pic above is a reflection of how I have been feeling lately. Scarred, bruised, hurt, unsure........

Have you ever given up everything....family, friends, work, house....life! and relocated to make someone else happy? It's an amazing feeling. Knowing that what you are doing for this other person is going to make their life much more happier.

I'm not one to usually take much notice to the saying "Too good to be true". Maybe I should have been a little more cautious. I know everyone has their own way of living, lifestyles, habits etc. But when one person gives up their life as they know it, is it too much to expect the other person make some small sacrifices?

I'm very transparent and most people will know exactly who and what this about. Normally I would be trying to hide these things or feel I should be careful of the other persons feelings. The last time I spoke to this person I told them to "Go away before I said something that would hurt". That was two days ago. And frankly, my mood at the moment, I really don't care.

I don't live the same way as other people - I may be cleaner, I may be messier, I may be quieter or I may be louder. The fact is we are all different. My sole purpose of giving up everything and moving was to make not only their life better but also my own in the process.

I can only do so much when someone refuses to stop hiding behind the crutch they have leaned on for so long and won't stop making excuses for themselves, and hiding behind the safety of a computer screen.

Most of my plurk friends know I am giving up my sim. I am doing this as a wake up call for someone. I am taking a break from SL. I'm taking a break from the computer in general. Only popping on now and then to clear out emails etc. My life exists outside of this 17inch screen. I may have no friends in that life, no family around me and no job to get me out of the house from 9 - 5 each day. But I make do with what I have and I will not hide behind the screen for the rest of my life. I only wish that the one person that means the most to me would wake up and realise this before it's too late.


No comments:

Post a Comment